Making a Display Case for Hot Wheels Cars

My husband collects Hot Wheels cars. I have stock piled about 50 over the past year. Whenever I'm out shopping I will buy 4 or 5 at a time. His birthday is coming up and I am looking everywhere to find ideas for some kind of display case I can make. Anyone out there have any ideas?

I know there are other die hard collectors out there. I'm surprised there aren't more suggestions on the internet. I'm pretty good with wood, hammer, and nails. I would also like to keep them in the packaging.

By She Drags from Ontario, Canada

You could get a wooden silverware tray, and hang it horizontally, using the dividers as shelves. You could get a thread holder meant to hang on the wall, and use the dowels meant for spools to hold the boxes by carefully putting a dowel in the end of the box the car is in.

Crafts MiscellaneousAugust 27, 2010
Making a Recycled Vinyl Record Tablet Holder
Reel Lawnmower
Finding Replacement Wheels For Reel Lawnmower
car gear parts in carton box
Saving Money on Parts for Old Cars
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars