MiscellaneousCrafts

Making a Display Case for Hot Wheels Cars

My husband collects Hot Wheels cars. I have stock piled about 50 over the past year. Whenever I'm out shopping I will buy 4 or 5 at a time. His birthday is coming up and I am looking everywhere to find ideas for some kind of display case I can make. Anyone out there have any ideas?

I know there are other die hard collectors out there. I'm surprised there aren't more suggestions on the internet. I'm pretty good with wood, hammer, and nails. I would also like to keep them in the packaging.
Thanks.

By She Drags from Ontario, Canada

Answers

You could get a wooden silverware tray, and hang it horizontally, using the dividers as shelves. You could get a thread holder meant to hang on the wall, and use the dowels meant for spools to hold the boxes by carefully putting a dowel in the end of the box the car is in.