Large, Brown Spots On Face

I am 75 yrs. old and have large brown spots on my face. Is there a way to diminish these spots or have them removed entirely?

Gerry from CT

I got these same dark patches on my face as soon as I started menopause. Mine get worse when I go into the sun so I always use sunscreen. Go to any Walgreens or any quality drug store & talk to the salesperson in the cosmetics area. There are many products that can lighten these spots. My daughter reads fashion magazines & has given me articles from them on diminishing these spots. I'll get back to you with the exact products. Creams containing hydroquinone are bleaching creams, hydroquinone has been used for this purpose for many years. One thing you can do is go into the area where they sell the "Ethnic" products that are mostly for African Americans & buy some of the "lightening cream" & put this only on the area where your spots are.

HERE'S A GOOD ARTICLE:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Removing-Age-Spots&id=298368

Here is an article on what dermatologists can do:

* But these are all WAY to pricey!

http://www.locateadoc.com/articles/ ... ments-for-age-spot-removal-1476.html

Here's another less expensive treatment "Retin-A" & vitamins:

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/10/26.cfm

Sunscreen, yes! Once your spots lighten up, keep up the sun protection to keep them gone for good. Sunglasses and a 5" wide hat brim + suncreen have kept my 53 year old face nearly spot free.

Londa

I went to a plastic surgeon and had a laser peel. I am glad I did.

It's not that expensive to have a little laser work done, just on the spots and not the whole face.

I use to sail a lot & have brown spots too. I use scrubbing grains everyday (like salt/sugar scrubs).I use it on my neck too. It took a long time, but eventually the brown spots & some wrinkles are leaving. My neck had gotten saggy & it has helped that too. I also use a handheld device with a brush on it that is battery powered. I add the scrub grains to it. It took 3-4 months before I noticed a change, but it is worth it. Good luck!

The cheapest way to get rid of brown spots on your skin is to rub caster oil on them. I don't know why it works, but it does.

I saw on a tv show where the hosts are all doctors that dabbing the spots with vinegar helps fade the spots.

Have you tried using a basic foundation to cover up the spots? I know that my grandmother was dealing with the same problem on her face, especially the cheeks, and found a basic skin colored foundation to be the perfect solution. Try that and let me know how it goes. Good luck.

George P.

February 20, 2012 Flag

Is there a product or formula out there that really removes dark spots on your face? One side of my face is bad due to the sun while driving.

By Debra

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Obviously begin using a sunblock. Nadinola makes a fade product (a face cream) that has nearly the same amount of fade chemicals that the dermatologists prescribe for their patients. My daughters dermatologist has begun sending her paitents to WalMart for the less than $10 product. They were paying the pharmacy more than $80 for nearly the same product. Remember fading brown spots takes time and they tend to come back, so keep at it.

Try vinegar, soak a cotton ball and apply and hold on the spot for a few minutes.

February 25, 2012 Flag

Do you use white or cider vinegar on the brown spots?

By cherylleigh

Fresh lemon is best - just slice and rub on area.

My daughtetrs Dermatologist recommends Nadinola Fade Cream. She sells an equivalent product by perscription to her patients for $80 or you can buy it at WalMart for less than $5. It takes awhile but works very well.

woman looking at her skin
Remedies for Dark Spots on Skin
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceOctober 27, 2008
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
A plate of cooked brown rice.
Cooking Brown Rice in a Rice Cooker
Dogwood tree in spring.
Leaves Turning Brown on Dogwood Tree
A woman with a pore strip on her nose.
Reducing the Appearance of Large Pores
🎉
🎄