Cleaning a Velveteen Horse Blanket

I have a velveteen horse blanket. It is from the winner circle and I have to clean it to get the horse odor off of it and the old carnation stains. I am putting it in a shadow box. I will be replacing the carnations with silk ones. How can I safely clean it?

By bstroud from Frierson, LA

Answers

I only found this online-

How to Care for Velveteen Clothing

Caring for your velveteen clothing is easy if you know how to preserve the fabric's pile.

EasyInstructions.Step

1Wash your velveteen clothing inside out on the gentle cycle in your washing machine after wearing. Use warm water in the wash and rinse cycles.

Step

2Hang your wet velveteen clothing on a clothes line or plastic hangers to dry in order to prevent shrinking from the clothes dryer. If you need to re-fluff your clothing after drying, place it in the dryer with a damp towel for 10 to 15 minutes on a low setting.

Step

3Dry your velveteen clothing in your clothes dryer, but only if you put it on a low heat cycle for a limited amount of time and check it frequently, taking it out and hanging it when it is partially dry. This helps to tumble out the bigger wrinkles but doesn't leave it in the dryer long enough to cause it to start shrinking.

Step

4Hang your velveteen clothing when storing. If you fold the fabric it holds the creases, making it harder to steam them out.

Step

5Iron your velveteen clothing on a heavy towel with the right sides down to preserve the pile of the fabric. Put your iron on a low heat setting. Let the fabric hang and air dry after ironing.

good luck.

Velveteen Blanket
Cleaning a Velveteen Horse Blanket
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsAugust 4, 2009
A bed in a bedroom.
Electric Blanket Error Codes
Electric Blanket
Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket
Mare and Foal in a Corral
Saving Money on Horse Boarding
Rocking Horse
Recycled Rocking Horse Craft Ideas
🎄
🍂