Give Kids an "Alternative" to Taking Medication

For those children who refuse to take medicine, do what I did. Tell them they can take the medicine by spoon, or you will go to the Pharmacy and get the suppository formula. You may be threatened by them with calling 911, but that little mouth will pop open voluntarily. The funny part is when they reach teen-age, then you get some REALLY nasty looks but they take the medicine. (no pun intended) No more begging or pleading; victory for the parent!

With my autistic little girl she could care less. When she got sick a few weeks ago. Meanwhile I even tried using the thin strips meds that melt in her mouth. Didn't work as for sitting on her she just pushed it out. So what I did was when she was not looking I put a thin strip in her mac and cheese and at night just before bed eye-balled about how much she needed in her sippy cup. Told her doc the next time she went to the doc and she didn't say a word. She was able to sleep without the coughing and I felt better as a mommy knowing my little one was getting the medicine she needed to get better. P.S. you have to be sneaky sometimes for their good and your sanity (ha-ha).

Oh, you're one tricky Mom! How smart you are! My doctor used to ask me when I was a kid if I wanted that nasty tasting liquid or a shot. It didn't take much time to figure out which I picked.

Giving Medicine to Children
Giving Medicine to Children
Parenting General ParentingMarch 11, 2009
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
A child putting coins in a donation bucket.
Teaching Kids About Holiday Giving
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Cats
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Pets
cat
Buying Generic Capstar Flea Medication
🎄