Browsing: Creative Garden Planters

Laundry Basket Planters

Today I was driving by someone's home and saw what I thought were pretty white "pillars" down the side of their driveway with gorgeous plant boxes sitting inside of them hanging down over the sides of the "pillars".

As I got closer, I noticed that these were all just plain white laundry baskets with the decorative air holes in the sides. The planter boxes sat perfectly inside of them and hung over the sides. A neat idea! I am sure they placed stones on the bottoms to weight them down as well.

By Tawnda

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

picture please!

I would love to see this! Can you take a picture? Anne

Yes! I too would love to see a picture!

I do not understand what they look like, can you post a picture?

I need a photo when your able.

here is the link for Ideas, they are not mine but thought they are interesting. The pictures of the ideas are on her website

http://elizabethjoandesigns.com/2014/04/laundry-basket-planter/

They are From Emily

Laundry Basket Planter

This is a re-post. The content from this post was lost during a technical glitch last summer. Just wanted to share it with you again, because you might be able to use this idea this spring.

When I see something left on the curb to be picked up by the trash man, my mind starts racing to create a use for this item. I begin to think I could totally use this for and then, it becomes a need. I have to have it or my life will not be complete!

This broken laundry basket I saw on the side of the road was no different, except I couldnt think of a use for it. I grabbed it off the side of the road anyways, not even caring. So, it sat in my basement for about six month when it finally hit me I can use it to as a planter. Here is how I turned this trash into treasure.

broken basket

[Pin on Pinterest]

First, I taped up the crack in the side with some plain old packing tape. Next, I hot glued burlap on the inside to cover the slats of the basket. This was to help make sure my dirt stayed in.

burlap pannel

Then, I covered the basket with burlap, gluing the fabric down periodically.

burlap wrap

basket corner

After that, I took a separate piece of burlap and wrapped it around the top edge and handles.

brulap to wrap

I glued this edging to the inside of the basket.

allwrap

Then, I attached rope around the basket, making sure to cover the seam where the two fabric pieces came together.

knot1

A little hot glue was added to ensure there was no unraveling of the rope. After all this hard work, I wouldnt want that!

gluerope

Next, I tied the rope into this cool looking knot thing.

knot2

knot3

Finally, I added the dirt and plant. You cant even tell it was a broken laundry basket. Ye-haw!

plant(1)

[Pin on Pinterest]

What do you do with broken laundry baskets? Erin said I would just throw them away. To which I responded If I lived closer, I would just pick them up.

The pictures of the ideas are on her website

They are From Emily

Flowers Planted in Bicycle Basket
Creative Garden Planters
Home and Garden Gardening Creative PlantersSeptember 8, 2004
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Broken terra cotta planter used to retain garden plant.
Reusing Terra Cotta Planters
A hanging bottle planter
Making a Plastic Soda Bottle Hanging Planter
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 20, 2016 at 3:30:01 PM on 10.0.0.4 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.