Craft: Bleach Bottle Piggy

Use a regular bleach bottle, rinse it out with water and baking soda (takes the bleach smell away). Let dry. Paint with acrylic pink paint and let dry. Paint your spots on with either black or brown acrylic paint and let dry for about and hour.

Use black or brown felt and pink felt and cut out ears, hot glue them on. You will need either 4 small thread spools or 4 medium size thread spools for the legs, I get mine at 99 cent store. Cut your holes in bottom of bottle so that the spools make the piggy bank stand right. Cut the circles and insert spool, hot glue around each one so they don't come out. Paint on your eyes and your nose, a slot for the money, then spray with a sealer and you are done.

By Sheri from Stockton, CA

That is just so cute. Thanks for sharing. I think I might actually be able to make this one.

We did these in Girl Scouts when I was little, and they were really cute! Then when I had kids, a friend of my Mom's did a similar project with empty glass jugs from cider or vinegar. The hole was in the metal lid on the "snout" of the pig, and she cut cute little feet out of wood that curved in the middle so that the bottle sat in the curve (it was glued there as well of course) and the feet part were on each side. My Mom ordered a pink one for my daughter and a blue one for my son. They were great banks, and the kids loved them.

You really brought back some memories as I made one of these back in grade school....many many years ago! I remember the bleach my Mom used was called Linco and it isn't even around anymore. We were told we had to have our Mom's save us a bleach bottle. I thought they came out rather cute. Have no idea what eventually became of my piggy. I probably played with it besides putting money in it and eventually my mother probably tossed. Last year in my son's class they made a pig something like that and used it when they did their money song during circle time.

Perhaps I should save my next empty bleach bottle and me and my two children can make one! It's darling!!

The Piggy is so cute. I am thinking to make one and put it on the laundry bench. It make me feel happy when I use it.

(sent in by email)

I was going to use the Bleach Bottle Piggy Bank by Sheri from Stockton,CA for a craft for Bible school, and I tried making one but when I apply the second coat of paint the first coat comes off. Do you have any idea what I can do or how Sheri did it? Margaret

Margaret

I only used one coat of paint, when I was all finished I sprayed it with a sealer. Smiles, Sheri

I take the bleach bottle 1/2 gal. size, cut off the top of it and punch holes with a paper poncho around the bottom part of the bottle and crocheting around it and make a Barbie doll dress on the bottom half. Hide anything in the bottom as the dress with a Barbie doll comes off the bottom half. Also you can crochet around the bottom half and make a purse out of it. I taught Brownies how to crochet and this is what they did. They turned out great.

Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Crafts Recycled Crafts ContainersApril 8, 2008
bank in shape of girl with pig tails
Creative Piggy Bank Ideas
A pink piggy bank made from a plastic mayo bottle.
Mayonnaise Jar Piggy Bank
Bleach Bottle Snowman
Making a Bleach Bottle Snowman
Bleach Bottle Santa
Making a Bleach Bottle Santa
🎉
🎄