Browsing: Kitchen Paint Color Advice for Dark Green Counter Tops

What Color to Paint Kitchen with Dark Green Counter Tops

I need some suggestions in upgrading my kitchen. I do know I want the wallpaper gone. Please give suggestions on color for walls with the green counter tops. Also what would be a goo floor type besides white. The white floors are really hard to keep clean. Photos of nice kitchen ideas would be appreciated so much!

kitchen
Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

If I had those dark green countertops, I would make the walls a very, very light, creamy avocado color. I would keep the floors light because dark is harder to clean than white. What color floor you choose would depend on the material you have in mind. Keep in mind I'm not a decorator. Good luck!

Hello you can probably paint the walls a very pale green and leave the cabinets white or you can paint the wall a very pale peach color with the cabinets still white. Peach and dark green look great together. Good Luck!

I am a professional painter and a while back we did an apartment where the lady had green countertops and she wanted a purple to go with it. I thought, lady do you really know what you want. Turns out she did. It was absolutely beautiful!

I"d stick with a lighter shade of green for painting the walls. Don't use mint. Look for a shade of green that has some yellow or grey in it. Yellow green will warm the room. Also, you might want to consider yellowish green if your room doesnt get much sunlight. Otherwise use the grey green. I think using green will give the room a cohesive look because it ties in with the countertops.

One can never go wrong with another neutral. Grey is popular today, but I think of beige for a neutral shade for flooring or walls. Use either one of those colors with your white cabinets. If you are planning to paint the cabinets, I'd choose an off white shade that leans toward beige (ivory?) or butter cream.

Choose a very bright color for an accent color to be used in towels, throw rugs, and curtains. One person suggested purple which I found interesting. It would make it like grapes, purple and green. That is a nice theme for a kitchen if you are looking for a theme. Other accent colors you might consider are bright red, yellow or orange. For my accent color, I'd consider colors used in adjacent rooms. I"d also consider sunlight. If your room is dark, use yellow (or orange). If your room is brightly lit with sunlight, use purple or red.

Best of luck

I have white cupboards and dark green counter tops too. I painted my kitchen apricot and I love it. It is so refreshing and bright.

Gallon paint cans with several different colors and had holding paint color sample strips
Kitchen Paint Color Advice for Dark Green Counter Tops
Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingJuly 1, 2008
Blue-Green Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Blue-Green Carpet
Before photo of painted laminate countertop.
Polishing Counter Tops
Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for a Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 10:25:34 PM on 10.0.1.143 in 749 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.