11th Birthday Party Ideas

My daughter's 11th birthday is in a little more than a week, and I have no clue what to do for her party. She would like to have as many girls as she could over, but I have a small house. I would also like to keep the party at home, not at a party place.

She would like to have a girly party, but not with the makeovers, etc. Her original plan was to have a murder mystery party, but that was put away do to the fact of murder being violent (any ideas on how to make that better?). Then, she thought of a movie theater party, to no avail. Please, if you have any 11th birthday party ideas for girls, let me know.

Thanks for your time.

By Jinger from NY

Best Answer

You didn't say if it was for a girl or boy but my daughter turns 11 in Feb 2011 and we are taking about 10 of the girls to a craft workshop for the afternoon and then on to eat somewhere. My daughter is a mad keen crafter. Try to find something that your birthday kid has a passion for and go with that. Indoor rock-climbing. 10 pin bowling and a disco party were our last three.

Best Answer

If she's set on the mystery party, maybe you could do a "who stole the party favors?" or something less violent like that. You could also do some kind of craft or cooking activity - kids that age love to make stuff, and the more grown-up and real, the better. You can find kits for making soap or candles at craft stores, or you can find more ideas online. Good luck.

Best Answer

I just did a spa sleepover for my daughters birthday this past September. The girls came at 5, we had healthy snacks, did mani/pedis and make your own mini pizzas for dinner. After dinner, I put on relaxing spa music and they all got into their PJ's for facials (homemade recipe), cucumbers over their eyes and guided meditation, they nearly fell asleep! We made soap and lip gloss and then had a spa themed cake (girl with a facial mask and cucumbers over her eyes, turby twist towel on her head!). After cake I let them do mad libs and their own games for a while. They watched a movie and played with our bunny till who knows when! Not much sleeping, but they had a blast! I gave them each a goodie "bag" (makeup purse) with a washcloth, nail polish, headband, toothbrush and toothpaste when they arrived so they had all they needed. Exhausting, but totally worth it!

Good idea

COOL!!!

Cool answer

Amazing

Have a slumber party and have the girls bring a sleeping bag. Let them bake cookies and decorate them with supervision. Have popcorn and a couple of good movies. Have you seen the Waterhorse? or Flicka? Have a Barbie Party and give the girls each a Barbie Doll. Have sloppy jo's, baked french fries and pizza, chocolate cake and ice cream floats. Have fun.

Ask her what she has done at othe parties that she really liked. Pick and choose the most popular things. A movie party with popcorn, candy in boxes like the ones that sell for $4 at the movies (Dollar Store item). Maybe a craft based on the theme of the movie? Make own pizza or burgers with buffet of toppings, then of course, cake, or decorate your own cupcakes.

I'd combine the best of our ideas. Something along the lines of Make-Your-Own-Pizza or Make-Your-Own-IceCream-Sunday combined with rented movies and provided popcorn. I'd also ask the birthday girl to help provide the music in the background while the kids "bake".

My daughter is also 11. I wouldn't think a murder mystery party would be too violent - especially if you used a kit. You could also come up with a clue hunt based on the Clue board game. Since it's based off a board game they've probably all played and no one is the "victim" that would help. Or you could make it a robbery mystery instead of a murder. A scavenger hunt with clues to figure out might be another alternative.

One of my daughter's friends had a party where they went to the local beauty school and got pedicures (5 girls I think). It was her favorite!

A Hollywood Glam Party: everyone can dress nice...decorate with stars cut out (spray with craft glitter spray), have guests names on them...hang them up around the room or create a "wall of fame" where everyone gets to post something nice about each person (attach the star to pretty paper), then guests get to take home with them & have nice memory.

Get feather boas to place around, have helium balloons tied in bunches (again sprayed with glitter spray for sparkle)--can even weight them down & have at various heights in a bunch..cover the weight (a rock) with pretty tissue paper. Pick favorite colors: hot pink and silver.

Have a "paparazzi" take lots of photos as guests arrive (hint to them ahead of time to make a grand entrance!)....for foods:

Label them with award winning titles: like this>>

BEST APP (short for appetizer) IN A LEADING ROLE: pick an appetizer..even fruit pieces on fancy picks for kabobs

BEST DRESSED: Tuxedo Strawberries (http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes ... x?cm_mmc=eml-_-rbe-_-20110217-_-1023)

BEST DESIGN IN A MOCKTAIL: (serve sparkling juice in fancy glasses)

BEST ENSEMBLE CAST: Layered Pizza Dip>>serve with bagel crisps

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes ... mp;WT.mc_id=Newsletter_BC_12_20_2010

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS DESSERT: (pick something interesting that's decorated)..can make small brownie squares sandwich filled with cool whip, drizzled with choc icing, top with candy purple flower

Hand out awards...even if you make them with cardstock...

Best Supporting Actress in a Friendship

Best Actress in a Comedy Role (someone who's funny, cracking jokes)

Best Actress in...(name other things like Athletic role, Helpful Role, Drama Role, etc)

Play games: as guests come in, pin a famous person or cartoon character they would know on their backs...they have to go around and ask questions that can only be answered by "yes or no" to guess who they are.

Game: get together some fun props: hats, etc and give girls 15 min to put together a "skit" to perform...have 2 teams (or more, depending on how many guests).

Have music playing and have a good movie on hand to play.

Decorate your food table in elegant style, fan paper napkins out

At end of party...hand out "SWAG BAGS">>lip balm, little mirrors for their purse, candy kisses or mini m&m's...bracelet of friendship, etc...line bags with pretty tissue paper and ribbons on handle. (and don't forget to give them their star with all the signatures!)

Go bowling, then come back for a sleepover.

My 10 year old just had her 11th birthday and we were totally stressing on what do to. We looked trough all theses answers and my daughter squealed when she saw Criss's Idea to have a Spa Birthday party. The idea was fantastic and my daughter had a blast. Now all my daughters friends want to do it.

Thats a good thing if every one wants to doing it then they like the party you throw

My 11 year old daughter is turning 12 and couldn't decide what to do for her birthday party. She had a mall scavenger hunt, went to dinner, then had a sleepover with her friends. It worked out perfectly and everyone loved it.

You could have a birthday fashion show, where everybody brings a glam outfit, a sporty outfit, and their pjs and they could all do their hair and makeup for each outfit and then you could walk around and have some paparazzi and judges. After all thats done you could get everybody down by a tv and make popcorn for everybody while they watch a movie and have a sleepover.

Well, for starters, you could have a party where you play truth or dare, maybe maybe tell secrets, if you don't want to pay, just have around 5 or 4 guests over.

JUst have a simple sleep over invite some freinds do some nails wake up in the morning and play

Im eleven and you could have a great day for your child friends and family members by having a glow in the dark hunger games party

How about a glow party

You can go with the flow maybe just do something simple like having a sleepover.

Have a sleep over at hotel and take them to red loster

u shoud have a cool movie star pary everyone could dress up as movie stars and if she wants it to be like how she wanted the muder party them the movie stars as zombies

Why not do a craft party and make some stuff?!

you can play 3D clue it is like the board game but real life characters.

Need some ideas for 11 year old birthday party

A birthday cake with the number 11 on it.
11th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayMarch 15, 2011
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Red Carpet
Red Carpet Themed Birthday Party Ideas
🎉
🎄