Unique 50th Birthday Party Ideas

Category Birthday
Planning one of the milestone birthday parties doesn't have to be stressful. This is a guide about unique 50th birthday party ideas.

My husband is turning 50 and I want to throw him a surprise party, but he hates being reminded he is turning another year older. I am trying to think of a creative theme that does not involve a number associated with the celebration. I would love to hear your ideas.

By JLKK

Answers

Best Answer

Why not a celebration of life. Find a way to represent all his accomplishments and all the things he loves. Don't forget to remind him of all the things you love about him, too. You could have a journal for his friends and family to write down a special memory of time with him. I'm sure you can come up with more ideas if you have a direction to go. Good Luck.

Jen in PA

Best Answer

Just like what I did with my husband's 50th birthday instead of using numbers. I made a big poster or tarpauline greetings which says ... "Hubby turns Gold!" and included with it, I have chosen a best picture of him.

I will be celebrating my 50th birthday in June. I need birthday ideas for what to do? I want something different, not the usual theme parties, etc.

By Linda

Answers

Best Answer

When my brother turned 50, we had an "Over the Mountain" party. We printed mountain banners from the computer, and made a camping scene in the corner of the room, with sleeping bags, lanterns, and a fake campfire. We invited the guests to dress in hiking clothes, with backpacks and hiking sticks. Centerpieces were bandanas and mess kits, cans of beans, mountain pie irons, etc. Everyone loved it, and we got tons of great comments! It's a very masculine theme, and a lot more upbeat than the "over the hill" idea.

Best Answer

When my husband turned '60', on the invitation we wrote: In lieu of gifts, please bring any type or amount of pet food, treats or litter, which will be donated to the local humane society in my husband's name.

We were overwhelmed with the generosity of our family and friends 'gifts'. When we dropped off the 'booty' to the shelter, the staff was shocked and grateful for the items. My husband was so proud to do this - being a life-long animal lover.

The total of food, treats and litter donated: 265 pounds! It was awesome! My husband even received a Thank You note from the shelter, signed by all the staff and volunteers.

I need creative, thrifty ideas for a 50th birthday celebration to make it a success by November 28, of this year.

Answers

Best Answer

I always tell people about fake newspapers. You can order them from several sources. They are fun as you can use the events of ones life as headlines and stories. Here is a link to several others and what they often look like.

https://www.goo  HXy1Bp4Q_AUIBigB

I would like ideas for a 50 birthday party for my mom, its going to be next month and would like ideas like for centerpieces, food and drinks.

Thank you,

Lily

Answers

Best Answer

What about a "Back in Time" theme and just decorate with things from when they were young. Get games about news and headlines back when they were a teenager and have people guess on that I'm about to throw my mom a 50th surprise party where i work and were doing like a mix between over the hill and memories.

Today is my mom's birthday and I'm at school asking friends on what to do. My mom loves birthday parties; she plans one for me all the time, but my dad said she can't plan her own. She loves animals, but I already drew her favorite animal on a card. She always works hard and helps me with everything even when I don't deserve it. What should my dad and I do?

By Kaitlin

Answers

Best Answer

Spoil her. Take her to dinner, or cook and clean up dinner at home. Give her a back rub, spend some time with her. My kids still (even as teens) make me coupons for car clean outs, cookies, back rubs, foot rubs and such that I can cash in during the year.

When I turned the big 5-0, my sister did something for my birthday that was very exciting. For this occasion, I received a large box in the mail. When I opened the box, I found not one or two large gifts, but rather 50, yes 50, much smaller, wrapped gifts. I was surprised to say the least. The gifts were not expensive by any means, but it was so much fun to open all the little ones. She made me feel very special. I thought this would be a great idea to pass on.

By Marie from West Dundee

My work made me a poster which said "I use to like antiques, but now I'm one". They also wore the same color of clothes. Even my students got into the groove. It was different, but I liked it.

I would like some unique idea's for a man's 50th Birthday. I don't want to have the usual over the hill black balloons etc. Something a little more cheery is what I'm looking for. Any ideas?

Thanks

Scooter from TX

Answers:

Unique 50th Birthday Ideas

What about rock and roll night, with everyone dressing up. You could also serve food to match. (02/12/2005)

By marsbar

Unique 50th Birthday Ideas

This is in response to the request for fresh 50th Birthday ideas.
One year the wife of a friend had a 50th birthday party for her husband. We wanted to give an unusual gift. We brought some fresh grapes and a bottle of olive oil as our gift to the husband. We also presented him with a tape which all the guests listened to. It was the comedic story of Dionysus and his love of wine and women and how things changed as he got older. We laughed so hard, we cried! You could put this in the context of a wine and cheese party and celebrate all the good things about aging.

Brejean from NB, Canada (02/12/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Unique 50th Birthday Ideas

When my brother turned 50, we had an "Over the Mountain" party. We printed mountain banners from the computer, and made a camping scene in the corner of the room, with sleeping bags, lanterns, and a fake campfire. We invited the guests to dress in hiking clothes, with backpacks and hiking sticks. Centerpieces were bandannas and mess kits, cans of beans, mountain pie irons, etc. Everyone loved it, and we got tons of great comments! It's a very masculine theme, and a lot more upbeat than the "over the hill" idea. (02/12/2005)

By zballoongirl

Unique 50th Birthday Ideas

Something we've done is given that person 50 (60, 70, 80... whatever age!) items to celebrate each year. For our friend who turned 50, we gave her 50 "old person" items bought at the dollar store, gotten for free or "recycled". This included things like big pill boxes, Depends, fiber, etc. We screamed with laughter at each opening. (02/12/2005)

Unique 50th Birthday Ideas

What about a 50s party as in 1950s. The 50s had great music and everyone could dress in poodle skirts and leather jackets, a sock hop type thing. (02/14/2005)

By austin95mom

Unique 50th Birthday Ideas

We through a party for my mom's 50th with a Flashback party. We researched events that took place the year before (whilst in womb), the year of, and the year after her birth. We found items that fit, record albums from the thrift store, hula hoops, saddle shoes, but also items that were important to history and politics and science. We used the items as centerpieces on the tables and we placed cards underneath each item and we played trivial pursuit (shout out version) as a group. Which was enormous fun. We only played relevant music and we even learned the older dance moves and taught the guests. We had period items of clothes around and everyone truly got into the spirit. My mother cried at the end of the night and said that besides the birth of her children she had never felt so loved and cared for. That's about the highest praise any daughter could hope for. Good luck. (02/14/2005)

By Suzanne S.

Unique 50th Birthday Ideas

How about "50 Years Young"? or "Aged to Perfection"? Both of those are upbeat themes. Maybe do a collage of photos of his life, include school photos, military pictures, wedding photos, old drivers licenses, and the cars he once owned. (02/14/2005)

By Cheryl from MO

Unique 50th Birthday Ideas

Start with 50 pennies, then 50 nickels, then 50 dimes, then 50 quarters, then 50 1/2 dollars, then 50 $1.00 bills. Give them on consecutive days with the 50 $1.00 bills being on the actual birthday. (04/05/2005)

By Ken

Unique 50th Birthday Ideas

How about a 50 and Fabulous or 50 and Fantastic party? (04/09/2005)

By Toni K.

Unique 50th Birthday Ideas

My little sister gave me a great 50th gift. First she helped my daughter print up and frame a plaque listing 50 reasons I love my mom, then she hand painted 4 wine glasses with different designs and all having the number 50 on them somewhere, and finally she gave me a jar filled with tiny handmade envelopes containing messages with 50 happy thoughts for me. I love my little sis! (08/19/2008)

By jendayi

Unique 50th Birthday Ideas

My wife was thrilled with her 50th birthday gifts. I gave her a gift each day for 50 days leading up to her birthday. They were mostly small things with a few larger ones thrown in. The last was a spa day. Believe it or not, it is not the easiest thing to do, gather up 50 gifts, that is. (09/22/2008)

By Jeff

Load More