Giving a Puppy Benadryl for Itchy Skin

Can I give Benadryl to my 3 month old Yorkie terrier for itchy skin? And if so, how much?

By Kelly

I wouldn't. I think she's to young and even when she is older she will be too little for you to know how much she can take. I have a yokie too. You could be bathing her to much. Try using baby shampoo and fragance free conditioner and only bath her once a month.

Please don't give dogs and cats human medication. I've read too many stories about pets becoming ill or dying because they've been given human medication. I suggest a gentle, natural, alternative medicine treatment. Take a look at Only Natural Pet . com even just for ideas. I've used a sneezing remedy for my cats from them, safe, effective, gentle!

The vet. has me give my 5lb. 9 year old dog 2.5 ml of liquid childerns benadryl for itchy bumps and skin redness. If it were me I would only do this if a trusted vet. told me to.

Benadryl is pretty safe for dogs. I have given it to my chihuahua and my pug mix, it is about 1 mg per pound of body weight, so if she is 5 lbs, about 5 mg., half of a 10 mg tablet. I don't recommend the liquid as it has some alcohol in it. But call your vet, advice is usually free!

Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Pets Dogs AdviceMay 17, 2011
A dog wearing a cone on it's head to prevent it from itching.
Home Remedy for Dog's Eczema
Itchy Puppy
Puppy With Itchy Yellow Bumps
A cute beagle sitting on the floor.
My Beagle is Itching
Skin Folds
Treating a Rash in Skin Folds
🎄