Make Your Own Diaper Wipes

No more chemical-laden, expensive store bought wipes.

Ingredients

• Number 6 Tupperware (or whatever similiar product in your store)
  • Ad
  • Bounty paper towels (cheapo ones work, but not great)
  • baby wash (or pet shampoo for the pets)
  • body oil (sesame oil is the lightest and best)
  • baking soda.

Directions

Using a serrated knife, cut the roll of towels in half. In the Tupperware, mix about 2/3 cups of warm water, about two tablespoons of baby wash (you decide if you need less, more makes everything sticky) and a tablespoon of oils and 1/2 a tablespoon of baking soda. Mix until the soda disappears. Now, take the towels and rip the cardboard inner sleeve out, it unwinds. Also, this is probably the hardest part. Set the towel in the warm water mix, the middle of the towels will be prepped to pull since you pulled out the inner tube. Put the lid on the receptacle, turn it upside down and allow the water to soak into the towels for a few minutes. If it doesn't soak all the way, pour a touch more water on the top of the towels.

The recipe isn't in concrete, depending on who or what it's for, you can amend it. I would not recommend essential oils for babies because of irritation. This is great to wipe off puppy paws and keep in the car for sticky fingers. Just pull the towels from the center and re-use the receptacle over and over!

By Everett's Momma from Asheville, NC

My daughter has very sensitive skin and gets a rash easily, so I make my own wipes. I use 1-2 cups water, 1 tsp. - 1 Tbsp. liquid baby soap and 1 tsp. - 1 Tbsp. baby oil. I use Bounty paper towels, cut in half. I mix it in a round covered tub or an old round wipe container., drop in the towels, cover and turn upside down. I let it sit for 10 minutes. turn upright and pull out the cardboard core then just pull wipes from the center.

It's so much better to use homemade wipes. I use cloth diapers all the time and it just makes sense to use cloth wipes too. At first I was using throw away wipes but I got a rash on my hands when I touched them. I didn't want anything against my daughter's'skin so I just use cheap washcloths and plain water. I got 30 cloths at Walmart for $5.00 and that was 6 months ago. I haven't tried using baby oil and liquid soap but if it works, that's great, maybe I'll try it!

remember dont flush these wipes as they are made from paper towels.

Make Your Own Baby ItemsJanuary 18, 2007
Rubber cleaning glove giving a thumbs up.
Homemade Cleaning Wipes
Baby Wipes Container
Uses for Baby Wipes
homemade boogie wipes
Homemade Boogie Wipes
Diaper Pail
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Diaper Pail
🎄