Painting Laminate Countertop with Metal Strips

I have a laminate countertop I want to paint. But it has a metal strip along the front and on the inside edge. What do I do with this metal strip when I paint the countertop?

By literarytrvlr from Cincinnati, OH

Put painter's tape on the strip so you won't get paint on it. If you are thinking about painting the strip, you have to use a certain type of paint for metal and sand the strip first.

Go to and see their site. you have a mid -century modern kitchen, ours was built in 1947 and the counters are yellow. we have so enjoyed living with some elements of the past. look into it before you change anything. On this site thousands are accessing sites to BUY the strip material and install it. Others are searching to buy old Metal cupboards to put their homes back to the period. notetotel Ontario Canada

painting a countertop
Painting a Laminate Counter Top
Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingJuly 1, 2009
Laminate Furniture
Painting Laminate Furniture
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Cleaning Metal
Cleaning Metal
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal