Keeping Candles Upright in Candlesticks

I need help getting my candlesticks to remain upright in the candlesticks. They just seem to tilt and wobble even though they appear to be a standard size. I hate to dump everything and start fresh, but I am not sure if I need to slightly melt the ends, or if there is an amazing trick I don't know of! Thanks for help!

Cindy from Fishers, IN

Hi Cindy,

Take a lighter or another candle and melt the end of the candle a little holding it over the candle holder till a few drops fall in, then immediately put it in the candle holder and hold it for a few seconds. That usually works for me.

Susan from ThriftyFun

A rubber band around the end of the candle works, but the hot wax thing is easier.

Stores that sell candles have a special goo you put in the base of the candle holder to hold the candle upright. Might even find it at an arts 'n crafts store.

I always put blutack on the base of the candle and press it firmly onto the candle holder, no problems with tilting candles and if the wax has dripped at the end of the candle`s life there`s no mess, it comes cleanly away with the blutack.

The "special goo" mentioned by Holly above is called "Stick'um". I got it at Hobby Lobby, but I'm sure it's available other places too. It comes in a little flat tin, like shoe polish. Try scooping it straight out of the tin with the end of the candle, rather than using your fingers - it takes ages to wash off!

I found another use for used fabric softner sheets. Cut into thin strips and wrap around the bottom of the candle. The lighweight fabric adds a slight cushion that keeps the candles straight

Holidays and Parties Parties DecorationsNovember 23, 2005
Keeping Shoelaces Tied
Keeping Shoelaces Tied
Keeping orchids upright
Keeping Orchids Upright
Raising Runner Ducks
Raising Runner Ducks
Old Ironing Board
Uses for Old Ironing Boards
🎉
🎄