SewingCrafts

Simple Sewing Patterns for Denim

I am looking for simple easy to understand directions, patterns with pictures for putting a zipper in a tote bag or other sewing projects with easy step by step instructions. I have a lot of denim and other fabrics I'd like to use up to make some things to sell or for Christmas gifts. I have searched most craft sites but haven't found anything new and different yet. I have a creative mind but have reached a block in my thinking so if you can suggest anything I would greatly appreciate it. I love to sew but I don't like tedious projects that take a long time to finish. Thanks for your help

Marian from Danville, VA

You can make a patch sweatshirt. Take odd shaped pieces of denim. Zid zag stitch them to the front of a sweat shirt. don't use any fray check on the denim. When you wash them fringe will appear.

Search sewing sites, not craft sites.

Hope your machine and needles are strong ! Everything's easy until it comes to sewing thicknesses, connecting it to thin cloth or sewing over seams. Good luck and God bless you. : )

I have seen denim patches 2x2 at the craftstore selling for $2.00 and all they had on them was some embrodery or a painted design on them.

Zig