Poll: Do you heat your home with firewood?

Today's poll question is: Do you heat your home with firewood?

Feel free to post feedback below.

have for 30 years. Northern Mi native. It is the warmest heat..but messy & a lot of work. My hubby gets a permit to cut..Lets not forget the cost of the saw,truck to haul it with,GAS to and from,loading,unloading,stacking...ok when we were younger..

Yes we have wood heat. We bring it in during the summer from our 10 acres. The beetle killed trees have to be taken down before they rot and dry out and too bad to burn. We offer all our neighbours and friends out to help themselves. We will even help them. My 84 and 89 year old parents get their own wood. They have a deal with one of the log home builders in the area. When they need the building yard cleaned up they give my 84 yr old mom a call and they go load up their truck. The log builders most of the time give them a hand loading the truck . They are grateful to have the yard cleaned up. If it wasn't picked up they would have to burn it on site or have it hauled away. This way it keeps everyone happy. My mom has also helped out low income or not as old friends out by taking them a load of wood. It is my moms job when she gets home to unload and stack it. She says this is good exercise and keeps them healthy and warm. I never grumble when I've got to do wood I just think of my 84 and 89 year old parents still active and happy to get their own wood.

Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
Watering Flowers
Helping Your Garden Beat The Heat
Pile of split firewood.
Saving Money on Firewood
Firewood stacked against the side of a house.
Storing Firewood
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 20, 2016 at 6:09:21 PM on in 812 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.