Swimming in a Pool Turned My Hair Green

Does anyone have a home recipe to remove the "green" tint out of hair as a result of swimming?

lizkemp from festus, MO

I've heard that rinsing with beer works well too.

I have made the baking soda/shampoo paste for my daughters hair, and that seems to work well, but it is hard on her hair to use it frequently. I will try diluting the baking soda with water. I will also have to try tomato and lemon juice..... Thanks

Years ago, we lived in a community with a pool. They always put too much chlorine in it. So all the little blonds were all the little greens! Needless to say, I had a houseful of blondes, but I didn't let them go cos I didn't know there was a remedy out there! Wish I knew then what I just learned in here! Apparently no one did cos we had green heads all summer long into the fall cos it just had to wear off. I was the "bad mommy" cos I didn't want a bunch of Martians living with me!

I will try all of these, and let you know.

I just rear some where to crush 9/15 Aspirin Tablets in a container(lg. pitcher) of warm water and pour through hair...work it through then rinse. It may need to be repeated if it's really green but shouldn't damage hair.

I was told to try Morning Fresh dish washing liquid. Leave it on for 5 minute then wash and condition well.

While I do not doubt many of the remedies, it is not chlorine that turns hair green, but copper in the water (from different algecides and other sources). The way to get it out is to apply a mild acid (such as lemon juice or tomato) and rinse, rinse, rinse.

If it was chlorine that turned your hair green, it would be irreparable, think about what bleach does to colored fabric, can it be fixed with baking soda, etc.? I don't think so!

Girl with Long Hair in Swimming Pool
Preventing Damaged Hair From Swimming Pools
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips Hair CareJune 5, 2006
backyard pool
Using Swimming Pool Water for Plants
Boy in Life-vest in Swimming Pool
Swimming Pool Safety Tips
Lanscaping around a swimming pool.
Landscaping Around Swimming Pools
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
🎉
🎄