Using Cloth Diapers With Rubber Pants

Has anyone used prefold diapers with the pull on rubber pants? If so how did that combination work for you? Did you use the rubber pants?

By Jane from Edmonton, AB

That's pretty much all I used on my first son until he developed a red botom after a long night of sleep in the same diaper. Then I used Pampers during the night and cloth with rubber pants the rest of the time. The rubber pants hold the moisture in and the cloth doesn't wick it away like disposibles.

When my son was a baby (1960's), the only thing available were cloth diapers. I always used rubber pants with these. You do have to change the diapers more often as they hold the urine and don't wick away from their bottoms. I always made sure I "greased" him up well before putting him to bed for the night. We had no problems.

When I had my baby boy, I used cloth diapers and rubber pants. I put him to bed like this which was a mistake, as his circumcision became infected. The doctor treated him and advised that I let him sleep in double diapers and no rubber pants for a while at night and no diaper as often as possible during the day (I laid a diaper on his front when he napped so he wouldn't wet on everything). It's fine to use cloth diapers and rubber pants as long as the baby is checked at least every hour in case he needs a change.

You can get diaper covers now that aren't rubber. They are waterproof, but also breathable and they can go through the washing machine and dryer. I used Kushies diaper covers with my cloth diapers and had no problems with leaks or rashes. You can also buy the covers with the diaper built in: ... 582932.2582932&parentPage=family

Or you can google 'diaper cover patterns' and buy waterproof, breathable fabric to make your own cheap diaper covers.

Parenting Baby AdviceJanuary 31, 2010
A stack of a cloth diapers.
Cloth Diapers or Disposable Diapers?
A crafter using rubber stamps to decorate a handmade card.
Cleaning Rubber Stamps
Pile of Colorful Rubberbands
Using Rubber Bands to Make Stamps
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants. Baseball Player with Bat on White Background
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants