Will Sugar Ants Harm Houseplants?

Will sugar ants hurt my houseplants? Where I live there are a lot of sugar ants and I can't keep them out of my plants. Please help.

By Kassy from Cottondale, AL

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I'm not sure if the ants will harm the plants but try some borax (in grocery store), sprinkle it all around the plants. It gets rid of most insects, good luck.

Karo syrup and about 10% 20 mule team Borax. Warm a few seconds to dissolve. Squirt bottle. Put in cracks and holes, somewhere that animals will not be able to eat the syrup. Probably not kill the animals but if they get enough it will give them a tummyache. Ants eat the syrup--carry it to nest and quueen dies. Queens can live up to 20 years and produce many more queens and colonies. This eating,carrying to nest takes a few days. IT WORKS.

Home and Garden Gardening House PlantsFebruary 26, 2010
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
spoonful of sugar
Can You Use Sugar Contaminated By Ants?
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 24, 2017 at 10:21:37 AM on 10.0.0.224 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.