Droopy Peace Lily

Category House Plants
Even an easy to grow houseplant like the peace lily can have reactions to less than ideal conditions. This is a guide about droopy peace lily.

I'm caring for this plant for a friend; but am not sure what it is. It looked worse when I got it yesterday; it's perked up a bit after fertilizer and water. Is it a low-light plant?

Thanks for any response!

Answers

Thank you so much!! Hoping to revive it for her!

This looks like a philidendron

I believe it is a peace lily and does not take a lot of special care.

This plant has some information about the general care on a ThjriftyFun link.

www.thriftyfun.com/Droopy-Peace-Lily.html

Looks like my peace lily is at the moment. Wilted. They like water and warm but not hot places. I have had mine for 13 years and they do pop back up once you give them a drink. I never fertilized mine and it seems happy. Once you give it some water, it should be fine and your friend will not know it had the wilt. It likes low to moderate light. If it does get a few yellow leaves, you should cut the off with a sharp scissors. It will be fine! Take care! Happy plant sitting.

Thank you, everyone!!! I'll check out the forum; I'm sure it is a peace lily now; it is looking much better; and I'm slowly trimming off the brown or dead leaves.

So glad I found this place for help.

Anonymous

Yes that is a peace lily. Just add water. It will pop right back. I never fertilize mine and it is huge. I trim off yellowed leaves and I keep inside in winter and outside in summer time. Peace lilies need to be repotted every two years to a bigger pot. I never put mine in full sun outside and it is not picky about certain amounts of sun inside. I have had mine for more years than I know. And started new ones from it that are thriving well. Plenty of water and replant into bigger pot every two years. The wilt will pop back up after watering. It is a hardy plant. Not finicky so it is actually hard to kill one. Or mine would have died years ago. Add water and it will be fine.

Question:

I just repotted my peace lilies and now they are very droopy, what can I do?

Megan from Sumter, South Carolina

Answer:

Megan,

It's likely that your newly repotted peace plant is still suffering from a bit of transplant shock. If your plant was healthy at the time of repotting, it should snap back in a couple of weeks. To help it recover as quickly as possible, you'll want to minimize any additional stress. Give it plenty of light, but make sure to keep it out of direct sunlight for a week or two. Keep its soil moist, but not wet, until the roots have had enough time to become firmly established. This usually takes anywhere from 2-3 weeks. Don't give it any fertilizer until you start to see some active growth. This may take a few months, so be patient. If you repotted your peace plant into a much larger pot, you may want to move it to something a bit smaller. It's always best to choose pots that are only one size larger than the pots your plants are currently in. When you go from small containers to large containers you increase the soil volume. This means the soil stays wetter longer each time you water and the roots may suffer as a result.

Ellen

Answers

By Monita (Guest Post)

Your Peace Lilly needs water. It will pop up again and be as good as new.

By Heidi Wallace (Guest Post)

As you probably know peace lillies are very hardy and are hard
to kill. Water the plant and it should come back to life again.
One other trick to try if you drink coffee feed the plant some
Ever since mine has been caffinated the leaves have this

great shine to them, and it never droops.
Good luck.