Growing a Peace Lily

Category House Plants
The lush green folige and beautiful white flowers make this easy to grow plant a popular choice. The fact that it helps to clean the air in your home or office is an added perk. This is a page about growing a peace lily.

I am trying to figure out what type of plant this is so I can best care for it. Thanks!

Answers

It could be a rubber plant

Peace Lily,it also has white oval shape flowers!

It looks like a peace lily.

They like a consistent watering schedule and strong afternoon sun. With proper care they can last a long time!

I have had one for going on 15 years and it is still going strong!

It looks like a Peace Lily but there are other similar plants.
You can check your plant against pictures of Peace Lily to be sure.
If it has the white flowers as shown in the photos then it is most likely a Peace Lily.
These are very easy care plants to keep indoors and are highly rated to be excellent oxygen producers - good for your home.
Do not overwater - common mistake that will kill the lily.

Caution: these plants are toxic to cats and dogs.

www.proflowers.com/.../peace-lily-care

www.almanac.com/.../peace-lilies

m.wikihow.com/Care-for-Peace-Lilies

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

Photo Description

I received this plant in 2008 when my father passed away and have lovingly cared for it since. I wait for it to bloom every year. It takes quite a while after winter starts, for its bloom to actually open but, when it does (always around the same week that my dad passed away), I am filled with a peace that its name represents.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

Peace lilies are typically very easy to grow and quite tolerant of diverse growing conditions. However, too much bright light and temperatures over 90F can cause leaf curl. This is a page about a peace lily that has leaves curling.

Peace Lily Leaves with some damage and curl

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Gardening House PlantsOctober 30, 2015
🎃