Leaves on Peace Lily Slow to Unfold?

Since our last move my peace lily has been very finicky. I had it outside under my porch and it wasn't doing good. So I brought it inside and as you can see it has sprouted much new growth. However it is taking the leaves forever to unfold. And some are even browning at the tips. I am going to start misting it in case it may be too dry inside. But is there anything else I should be doing? I may just need to be patient.

Best Answer

These are fairly sturdy and easy to maintain. They droop and you water and they come back. The leaf unfurling and browning is often caused by too much light and too much heat. Try moving it to a slightly cooler space that gets partial day sun. Only water when the leaves start to droop.

I used to just trim the brown spotting leaves off and the plant seems to respond well and come back.

Best Answer

Peace lilies love low light and consistency with feedings, placement, and lighting. This plant loves routine and not a lot of new changes!

Best Answer

Was the plant doing okay where you had it before your move?

If so try to find a good place that fits the same conditions as before.
If it has not been very long since your move your plant may still be in shock as it may take a few weeks to settle in again.

If you research the problem with the leaf tips turning brown you will find that under watering as well as over watering will both cause this to happen.
From looking at your picture it does not appear that you have a pot with drainage holes but it may just look like that from here. These pots are nice but indoor plants usually do better if they have a pot with drainage holes and sit on a saucer of sorts.

Fertilizing too often is not good either - maybe every 2-3 months with weak fertilizer may be all it needs.

I have also found that my tap water sometimes has too much salt (we never know this from taste) so I use distilled or water from the supermarket instead.

If you ever see white looking powder on your potted soil or white marks on the outside of clay pots then your plant is getting too much salt and will not grow well (inside or outside).

I decided to invest in a water moisture gauge (usually cost $10- $15) that has prongs that measure water/moisture and some also have other gauges for PH, etc. These can be purchased online or at any of the big stores (garden department).

www.amazon.com/.../q9umbj7kdn3pdt9 (Affiliate Link)

This is an excellent site for information about your plant.

www.gardeningknowhow.com/.../peace-lilies-getting-brown-tips.htm

I know that this type of plant will come back really easily if you water it a lot. These plants are resilient and use good water and are easy with lighting.

Home and Garden Gardening House PlantsMay 2, 2020
😎
🐛
😷
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Leaves-on-Peace-Lily-Slow-to-Unfold.html