Is Paint Still OK To Use After 2 Years?

I have some paint that is two years old. Will it be ok to use it? Is it still good?

Cherrie from Mississippi

Open the can and smell it. If it has a bad odor (worse than a normal paint odor), throw it out.

Otherwise, I would try a sample on a piece of scrap wood or cardboard and see what happens.

If you kept your paint in a cool place the answer is yes, you may have to take a while mixing it up but I am using 3 year old paint kept in my basement and after a lot of mixing it is just fine. I have painted 3 door's with it .Hope it goes well for you! dar

You will probably be okay with it. If you end up not liking it, you can just paint over that, but at least you will not be guilty of throwing out good paint.

Yes of course you can use with confidence because I have some paints five years old

And I think there is no problem in the result on paintings but I always use best colors made in USA, UK or Germany not china made

Shahzad Siddique

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingSeptember 6, 2007
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Green paint on a brick wall.
Cleaning Paint from Brick
Old Paint Can
Disposing of Old Paint