Removing Underarm Stains on White and Colored Clothing

How to get underarm stains from both black and white t-shirts?

By Robin from Pocono mountains, PA

Believe it or not you can soak the white ones in water and just toss in a couple of tablets of plain white aspirin - yup aspirin. I've no idea if this works on black.

I tried a rememdy recommended by a previous post and it worked great on whites. I don't know about colors, though. For the whites, mix a couple of scoups of "Oxi-Clean" with hot water in a sink, etc. Add clothing and let set over night. Launder as usual. It removerd old set in persperation stains. I also tried it on old, set-in blood stains and it removed 95% of therm.

March 31, 2011 Flag

I have several items of clothing, whites and coloured with sweat stains under the arm, how can I remove them? I always wear deodorant, but still have staining.

By Ellen from Watford

Answers:

This may sound weird, but it 100% works for me. I also was finding that I ended up with the yellow sweat stains on my white shirts (so gross!). I read this tip some where and decided to try it, instead of using regular deodorants/antiperspirants, I now use regular baking soda. Yes, that is it. After I shower, I just pat my underarms until they are mostly dry, but a little wet still.

Then I apply the baking soda, which will then stick. From what I read, it is the interaction of the deodorants with the sweat that causes the stains to begin with. Since the baking soda is natural, there is no interaction, so no stains. This works for me, even on the hottest of days. No underarm smell or anything. This honestly does work for me. My whites remain white finally. :) Hope this helps. (08/04/2010)

By qcat22

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMarch 31, 2011
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
An aspirin bottle on it's size with aspirin pills spilling out of it.
Using Aspirin for Sweat Stains
A man wearing a white t-shirt.
Cleaning Underarm Stains on White T-shirts
Man With Stain in Underarm
Preventing Underarm Stains
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 27, 2017 at 2:45:09 AM on 10.0.2.240 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.