Recycled Yarn Tote

I made a yarn tote from an empty container of pretzel mix, you can too. I bought the full container for $3.00 and knew just what I would use it for.

After I emptied it and washed it, I drilled 3 holes, spaced evenly on the top of the lid, 2 for the handle, and one for a rubber grommet that I bought at my local hardware store. I used a recycled plastic handle that I savaged from another item. But you can use some rope, twine and old purse handle, braided fabric, what ever you like. I fit the grommet in the hole, it has a lip that holds it in place with out glue of any kind.

Instant yarn tote, and it came with a snack!

I'm not just fickle, I'm thrifty too.

By Ficklephonebug from Bakersfield

You could probably use those big Parmesean cans from Sam's too. They already have holes in em too!

Great idea! Thanks for sharing this great tip.

Crafts Recycled Crafts ContainersAugust 13, 2007
knitting needles
Using Eyelash Yarn
Recycle Tote Bag
Decorating Tote Bags
Trellis Yarn Necklace
Making Trellis Yarn Jewelry
Working on a Crocheted Tote Bag
Making a Crocheted Tote Bag
🎉
🎄