Planning a Vacation In London and Ireland

We are planning a trip to London in May. We'll be in London 4-5 nights then on to Ireland. I've had numerous suggestions for travel from London to Ireland. The best of which (the shortest time) sounds like flying. We want to fly into Shannon and see places like castles, pubs, and the rest. We'd like to drive to Limerick. Any suggestions at all will be helpful and greatly appreciated. Thank you.

By Donna from Nowheresville, NJ

If I were you I'd visit Achill Island, which is a small, rural, beautiful island off the west coast of Ireland- I guess it's a popular vacation spot for locals. Anyway, it's gorgeous and I loved it there. Also, check out the Lonely Planet guides- they have a lot more frugal ideas than most guides. They have a website. If I remember anything else about my travels I'll get back to you.

Thank you, I'll look at Lonely Planet.

You should visit tripadvisor.com. It has proven to be a very awesome helper in planning trips for me. You can ask questions, and see helpful info on what to pack, expect, do, etc. I love it!

We drove 1800 miles in Ireland, from Shannon, and loved it! Do rent an automatic transmission car. It's enough to get used to right hand steering wheels and driving on the left side of the road. Don't miss Dingle Peninsula, especially Dingle if you love music. Interesting museum there too. Ring of Kerry is awesome too. The folks are wonderful, so friendly and helpful. Brandon Boathouse is fascinating, and of course you must kiss the Blarney Stone! So many wonderful places to see there.

Travel and Recreation TravelMarch 14, 2011
An aerial photo of Disneyland.
Saving Money on a Disney Vacation
Saving Money a Ski Vacation, Sisters on Ski Vacation
Saving Money a Ski Vacation
London Broil
Cooking a London Broil
Caribbean hotel
Caribbean Vacation Tips
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 4:10:10 AM on 10.0.1.142 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.