SewingCrafts

Bobbin Problems

Why is my bobbin thread bunching up? I have a 1934 Singer Featherweight. It has been a very reliable machine, but the bobbin thread keeps bunching up on the back of my piece that I am sewing.

By cednana from Greenville, SC

I believe this website will solve your problem.

http://www.bell  cles/art2933.asp

Put the feed dog down as if you are going to start to sew. Then catch up the ends of the bobbin and top threads and hold them firmly to the left of the presser foot for the first few stitches. That should solve the problem.

September 1, 2009 Flag

Why does my bobbin keeps filling up all raggedy? I keep having to waste thread.

Thanks.
giftsandbags.com

Answers:

Bobbin Problems

It sounds like the thread is not being fed properly through all the hooks. Did you check your manual? There should be a hook or something that puts tension on the thread while it's coming off the spool and going onto the bobbin. By the way, you could always put the loose thread on the spool pin and put it, correctly, onto another bobbin. Good luck.(11/17/2006)

By Eileen Celeste

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes