Using Breakfast Leftovers For Making A Frugal Dinner

Such a Frugal Day! Hubby took me out for Breakfast with a 2 for 1 coupon, I had Ham and Eggs, Took home almost 1/2 lb of ham steak! OK what to do with this ham? On the way home I remembered I had a couple of bags of split peas (of course bought with a coupon). Cleaned those, set on a pot of water, cut up leftover baked potatoes and a few carrots, onions. Added the chopped up ham and a few hours later, SOUP! A neighbor stopped by and offered us a half loaf of fresh bread to trade for some soup, and we had fresh apples from our tree for dessert! Great frugal day!

By Terry from Goodsprings, NV

Great story. I love to make soups with whatever leftovers we have. Last week, I was cleaning out the freezer (in anticipation of turkey leftovers next week!) and I came across three containers of individual grilled chicken breasts and seasoned rice. I sauteed some onions and garlic, added in chicken broth, some leftover mini bell peppers I had from a party veggie tray, cut up the chicken and added it and the rice in the pot. A little seasoning and time to simmer and it was the perfect hearty fall soup, thick and creamy. The family ate it up so now I am going to have to recreate it :)

I make a very good soup with left overs,corn,beans,chicken,sausage & pork chops,ad a can of tomato sauce,cup of diced onions & cup of diced celery,put in a slow cooker that you can put in microwave,cook it for 20 min then let it cook for 30 min in the slow cooker,makes severals meals for 2 people,serve with saltines or bread.

Kathleen ,Dothan,Al

Better Living Frugal Living AdviceNovember 19, 2008
Ideas for a Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower, Tiffany's gift box.
Ideas for a Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower
Sausage Breakfast Burritos
Sausage Breakfast Burritos
Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich
Using Thanksgiving Leftovers
Freshly baked white dinner rolls.
Saving Money on Dinner Rolls