Father's Day Bear
Here is a quick and simple craft to make for Dad for Father's Day out of a recycled honey bear.
Approximate Time: 1/2 hour (including drying time)
- empty clean honey bear
- acrylic paint
- printer paper
- computer and printer
- clear contact paper
- hot glue gun and glue
- wrapped candy
Start with a clean empty plastic bear that honey comes in. Sand it well with some sandpaper. This will make the paint stick better.
- Paint him with acrylic paint any color you like. I made black, brown, and white. You could also make a black and white panda bear. To make the bear's eyes and nose use the back of your paintbrush.
- While that's drying, type up the special message for the front of the bear:
You are "Beary" Special!
- After you print it, cover each side with clear contact paper then cut it out. I used white paper for the white and black bears and brown paper for the brown bear.
- Hot glue the message on the front of the bear after the paint is dry. I did two coats of paint on these bears.
- After your bear is complete, fill the inside with dad's favorite wrapped candy. We used Tootsie Rolls, caramels, and Bit O' Honey.
The bears were a big hit!
Because the message isn't specifically written for dad, kids could give it to grandpa or an uncle. We even gave one to our pastor. These really would make a cute Mother's Day gift too!
By luv2craft from Normalville, PA
June 4, 20100 found this helpful
How cute! :) They all look so great and even a clean, unpainted honey bear with candies inside would work probably too!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 11, 2016 at 4:26:36 PM on 10.0.2.215 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us