How to Make a Father's Day Bowtie Card

Category Cards
Make a fun, personalized card to give to your dad this father's day. This is a guide about how to make a father's day bowtie card.

This is a quick and fun Father's Day card made on the cheap! Use scraps of paper to make a collared shirt, topped with a bowtie made with painted farfalle pasta. My craft paper here has pineapples on one side because my dad has a super loud pineapple shirt he's secretly in love with (and won't wear out of the house)!

I've added the template I drew so you can cut out a shirt.

Total Time: 20 minutes

Yield: 1 card

• 1 piece farfalle pasta
  • spray paint or acrylic paint
  • shirt template printout
  • pen
  • 1 sheet 6" square craft paper
  • scissors
  • glue

1. Paint the pasta piece and allow to fully dry. I used spray paint so it dried very quickly.
  2. Cut out the shirt template and lay it on top of the craft paper.
  3. Trace the template onto the craft paper.
  4. Cut out the shirt.
  5. Fold the two collars in slightly downwards so they meet in the middle.
  6. Cut out a rectangle from the bottom of the unused portion of the template sheet, about 3.5" x 1" in size.
  7. Glue it down the center of the shirt, tucking under the collar. Glue down the bottom bits of the collar.
  8. Write your message down the white section.
  9. Glue the painted pasta onto the collar. Let dry.

Father's Day is around the corner. My dad absolutely loves plaid button ups so, I thought this would be a cute and simple card to make for him! I like cards that have dimension so I used felt for the bow tie, but you can use paper too.