Bowtie Pasta Father's Day Card
This is a quick and fun Father's Day card made on the cheap! Use scraps of paper to make a collared shirt, topped with a bowtie made with painted farfalle pasta. My craft paper here has pineapples on one side because my dad has a super loud pineapple shirt he's secretly in love with (and won't wear out of the house)!
I've added the template I drew so you can cut out a shirt.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 card
- 1 piece farfalle pasta
- spray paint or acrylic paint
- shirt template printout
- 1 sheet 6" square craft paper
- Paint the pasta piece and allow to fully dry. I used spray paint so it dried very quickly.
- Cut out the shirt template and lay it on top of the craft paper.
- Trace the template onto the craft paper.
- Cut out the shirt.
- Fold the two collars in slightly downwards so they meet in the middle.
- Cut out a rectangle from the bottom of the unused portion of the template sheet, about 3.5" x 1" in size.
- Glue it down the center of the shirt, tucking under the collar. Glue down the bottom bits of the collar.
- Write your message down the white section.
- Glue the painted pasta onto the collar. Let dry.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.