How to Make a Father's Day Shirt and Tie Money Holder Card

Category Crafts
Father's Day Money Holder Card
This is the perfect card for the father who has everything or an older parent. The pocket on the shirt makes a handy money holder. This is a guide about how to make a Father's Day shirt and tie money holder card.

For Father's Day, I am giving my father money. I thought it would be cute to make a twist on the tie card by cutting out a pocket and putting cash there!

Total Time: 20 minutes

• scissors
  • construction paper
  • glue
  • brads
  • thumbtacks
  • ruler
  • pen
  • Exacto knife

1. Figure out what color you want your shirt to be (which will be your base). I went with a simple white construction paper. Cut out a size you want the shirt to be (a square shape) and set aside.
  2. Select a construction paper that you would like for the tie. I went with this pretty light green horizontal stripes and cut an even square (4" x 4")
  3. Fold the square shape diagonally together.
  4. Ad

5. Now open the flap back to a square and fold the ends to the center crease like a kite shape.
  6. Flip the kite shape over.
  7. Ad

8. Fold the tip about 1 inch down and then fold that tip down.
  9. Now flip over and fold the sides in one more time to the center.
  10. Ad

11. Cut a piece of left over construction paper for the tie. You only need a small square piece, or a strip as I used here, then glue to form a tie knot shape.
  12. Now back to your shirt, from the top about one inch down, cut 1.5" it slit on both sides to form the shirt.
  13. Ad

14. Fold the slits down so the two edges will hit. If they do not, slowly cut the slit longer.
  15. The brads are optional, but I used green brads. I used a ruler to line up where I wanted the brads to be and made a dot mark with a pen for a guideline.
  16. Using a thumbtack gently poke hole.
  17. Insert brads into the hole. And glue or tape the flaps down.
  18. Figure out in what position you want your tie to be. The tie can be above the shirt collar or underneath, then glue down. I went with the tie being underneath the collar.
  19. To make this a money holder card, using an Exacto knife - I cut a slit for a pocket wide enough to fit a $100 bill in.
  20. Optional: If you don't like the slit revealed, you can cut a pocket shape to conceal the silt and glue it on.
  21. Cut a piece of paper to cover the back of the card (clue the edges down only). That way the money does not fall out and there is a spot for you to write a message.

Very Cute !!

Thanks! Sorry for the late response. :)