Making a Wooden Tie and Belt Holder
If you can run a jigsaw you can make this useful tie holder for Father's Day or any occasion. This is a guide about making a wooden tie and belt holder
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
With a simple jigsaw you can make this beautiful tie/belt holder. Every father who wears ties would be proud to display them on this wooden holder, knowing it was made especially for him.
Approximate Time: 1 hour
- 1 inch x 6 inch x 12 inch piece of wood
- wood sealer
- paint or stain
- wood burner
- template picture on paper
- five 1/2 inch L hooks
- one open 1 1/2 inch screw hook
- strip of brown felt, 1 x 10 inches
- drill bit the size of your saw blade
- Trace the pattern onto the rougher side of your wood.
- With the drill and bit, drill pilot holes to insert your jigsaw blade through away from the lines near both ends of the opening you will be cutting out.
- Using your jigsaw, cut out on the lines and sand both sides smooth, rounding the edges around the outside of the smoother side for the front.
- Trace your picture and do your wood burning (if you are wood burning).
- Wipe your wood with wood sealer. Wipe off the excess and let stand for 10 minutes. Stain or paint as desired.
- Drill a hole in the center top for your screw hook hanger, I removed one from an old pants hanger and put glue in the predrilled hole first. Mine is silver in the picture, but will be painted gold to match the belt hooks.
- Predrill for your L hooks and insert them.
- Cut a piece of the brown felt for the bottom of the opening and glue in place.
- Sign the back and you are ready to give Dad his Father's Day Tie/Belt Rack.
By Ann W. from Loup City, NE
Related Content(article continues below)Read 5 Comments
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 12, 2017 at 11:04:08 PM on 10.0.2.202 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us