Making Leather Belt Bracelets
Make a unique bracelet using an old belt. This is a guide about making leather belt bracelets
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I am constantly finding old leather belts at thrift shops for next to nothing. Leather cuff bracelets are pretty popular right now, but not so cheap. I decided to make my own for a less than a dollar. No special crafting skills required, you can make around 5 bracelets per belt. Keep some for yourself and share a few!
**These are ideal for belts that have holes all around, yet you can easily add your own with an awl or craft knife.**
Total Time: Under 30 minutes
- leather belt
- faux leather fabric
- measuring tape
- Okay folks, the first bracelet is so easy it's ridiculous! :) Simply fasten the belt around your wrist and decide what length fits best.
- Trim just past this length with sharp scissors, and you're good to go...instant bracelet!
- For the second one, cut a length of the belt that will fit comfortably, ends barely meeting.
- Now cut a narrow strip of faux leather fabric about 1/4" wide and 8" long.
- Fold this in half and sew the ends together. Sew a button to this end.
- Loop the "strap" you have just made through one end of the bracelet.
- Place the bracelet around your wrist and put the looped end of your strap through the other end of your bracelet.
- Bring the loop over your button and fasten.
- All set, enjoy! :)
August 10, 20160 found this helpful
Recycle old leather belts into these fashionable bracelets. Learn how to make them in this short video.
In These Guides