Browsing: Making Your Own Panty Liners

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Making Your Own Panty Liners

Rather than continuously buying disposable panty liners, you can make them at home if you have basic sewing skills. This is a guide about making your own panty liners.

sewing

July 26, 2010 Flag

I stopped buying panty liners long ago. Since being laid off my job, I have been looking for extra ways to make money go farther. Instead of throwing old socks away, I have always kept them to use for other purposes like cleaning rags; I now keep them for yet another use. I lay the sock flat and cut up one side and toe, opening it up to one piece of cloth. I kept one panty liner for a pattern. I cut several layers from the pattern from the sock and discard the scraps. I had some old quilted place mats I never used and an old mattress pad that was never used. From these, I cut several layers from the pattern. I purchased flannel baby blankets for the top and bottom layers of the pads. I then pinned and sewed the layers of sock material and misc. quilted place mat fabric and mattress pad fabric together with a zig-zag stitch on the sewing machine. Make sure the fabrics are sandwiched between the top and bottom flannel layers. I just top-stitched and left the edges raw. Flannel doesn't slip. This has been a real money saver for me, since these paper purchases do add up over the years. Just launder with other clothing.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

Make Your Own MiscellaneousMay 29, 2013
Panty Liners
Cleaning a Stuck Panty Liner From Clothing
Storing Cupcake Liners
Storing Cupcake Liners
Stack of Cupcake Liners
Using Cupcake Liners
Panty Liners
Uses for Panty Liners
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 24, 2016 at 8:22:26 PM on 10.0.0.21 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.