Cleaning a Stuck Panty Liner From Clothing

Category Laundry
If it goes through the wash, a panty liner can disintegrate and get stuck on other clothing. This is a page about cleaning a stuck panty liner from clothing.

My sister washed some underwear with a pantyliner still attached. It fell apart and stuck to all the other clothes and she can't remove it even after washing the clothes again. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Monica from Webster, NY

Answers

By (Guest Post)

Try getting most of it off the clothes with a loop of strong tape, then maybe re-wash in cold water with a good amount of fabric softener. It might work.

I have never had that happen, but I would try putting "Goop" - the liquidy handsoap mechanics use (cheap) on the residue, let it sit, & wash. I wouldn't put anything in the dryer until you get it clean. What a mess. Good luck!

Anonymous

Hold an an ice cube on the goo part Than scrape it off with your fingernail. I had used this method on my swimsuit bottom. It worked.

My problem was with the glue strip getting stuck to my panties after removing the pad. If it's been an especially warm day, the glue strip sticks with a vengeance and refuses all attempts to remove it!! I have tried numerous solutions and none have been successful. I keep a squeeze bottle of Dawn dish detergent (diluted 50/50) in the shower for washing stockings, delicates, etc.

On a whim, I put a couple of drops of the Dawn on the glue strip and LITERALLY IN SECONDS, the glue strip let go and came off instantly. Forget all of the other time-consuming, complicated, or messy suggestions. Dawn does the trick every time. I'm guessing this would work for the washing machine fiasco as well.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryMay 29, 2013
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-13 11:16:51 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️