Centerpieces for Teachers Welcome Back Luncheon

We are planning a Welcome Back luncheon for the teachers at our school. I was trying to think of a neat centerpiece to put on the tables. I need 12 of them. I was thinking of tying a ribbon on one chair from each table so that a lucky teacher could have a keepsake from the event.

Thanks,
CF from Virginia

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

How about an easy to maintain plant, dolled up however you want, that the teacher can take and keep in her classroom. Nothing with apples, please!

I like the plant idea, and the "no apple" part, but maybe you could spruce those plants up a little and make them "school-y." A lot of teachers I know, spend a lot of their own money on special "good job" items for the kids, like stickers, pencils, markers, pencil sharpeners, etc. Maybe you could surround the plant with with items like this, sticking out all around and in the middle of it - stickers come in long strips and could be inserted, as could pencils, and some of the smaller items could be attached to pipe cleaners and inserted. This would give a deserving teacher a few things to get the year started. Or, you could do away with the plant altogether and just load up a large terra cotta pot with school supplies and arrange them like a flower arrangement. The teacher could then re-use the pot or just keep it handy on the desk.

I think the last idea was so cute and functional! Having been a teacher I would have loved that!!!!

I was going to suggest a plant also and to get tape measures at the dollar store to use as a ribbon around the pot (the tape measure brings in the ruler theme but could be used by the teacher in class or at home). Could also be used as a ribbon around a flower pot holding the supplies.

Thanks for all the feedback. I did use the plant idea, I tried taking a mum (they had the prettiest ones at Walmart in our school colors), and wrapping the bottom with a fabric that was coordinating, well it looked too drab. So I took all the mums back and got the vases and gemstones and did the peace lily plant coming from the top. I am sure you have seen these done before most of the time they have a fish in them. Thanks again for all the ideas, I really appreciate it. The teachers loved it!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Holidays and Parties Parties CenterpiecesAugust 20, 2005
Seniors Luncheon
Seniors' Luncheon Ideas
Frugal Luncheon
Frugal Luncheon Menu Ideas
Three Teacher Pencil Box ideas
Homemade Gift Ideas For Teachers
Church Luncheon Ideas
Church Luncheon Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 7:28:03 PM on 10.0.1.224 in 850 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.