Mother's Day Luncheon Ideas

Category Parties
A fancy luncheon is a perfect way to celebrate Moms. This guide contains Mother's Day luncheon ideas.

I would love to have a Mother's Day luncheon, but I don't have a clue on what games or activities to do. What can I do at my Mother's Day luncheon?

By VERNELL from Chicago, IL

Answers

Best Answer

I am not sure how old your mother is but you could try to find pictures of her when she was younger and display. Maybe if she has a friend that she hasn't seen in a long time find them and invite. A really fun thing to do is buy the little children one time use cameras and let them take the pictures. You would be surprised what they can catch. As far as games if my daughters did this for me I would rather watch the children play games and laugh at them. After all isn't that what being a parent is all about anyway; the darling children.

Our DAR group would like to have a Mother's Day luncheon for Gold Star Moms whose son or daughter is in the armed forces serving overseas. Any ideas for decorations and food would be very helpful. I do not know how many would be attending at this time.

By Pat S.

Answers

A gold star luncheon would be nice, to let the moms know they have not been forgotten. I would make the main focal decoration a gold star banner, as like the ones that hang in the windows. Perhaps have small American flags in the centerpieces with red white and blue. I don't know that I would go all out on decorations, as if you are doing it for Mothers Day, it will be emotional for some of the members, so I would not make the decorations seem like a celebration. I would keep it simple.

I would use a lot of gold decorations and put some star shaped confetti on each table.

For food, I would have a few main-dish salads to choose from, with rolls and cake and fruit for dessert.

I work for a foster care and adoption agency. Every year we hold a luncheon the day before Mother's Day to honor any local birthmothers who might want to come. I would appreciate any suggestions for gifts or a theme for this year.

Some examples of past ones are forget-me-not seeds in special packets with a poem, aloe vera plants with a handmade copper wire and bead decoration (aloe vera because it is healing). We dug them up from a staff member's yard. We are a non-profit on a very tight budget. I know you all will have some wonderful ideas so thank you in advance.

Tricia from Tucson, AZ

Answers:

Mother's Day Luncheon Ideas

Baby's breath is inexpensive and easily divided; local supermarkets usually have "you-make" selections of flowers for floral arranging that feature some form of baby's breath, as well as, ready-made mixed flower bouquets. If you separate the baby breath into smaller branches and place a single blossom in the center (representing the mother), taken from the mixed bouquet, then make a cone of colored tissue (available in multi-colored packs at the $ store) and tie it with a ribbon. Perhaps you could attach a salt/flour clay heart (or cornstarch clay; recipes available on the internet-very low cost and can be incised with a message or made flat for a sticker), you should have a low-cost, fine-looking, thoughtful gift.

(02/06/2007)

By Cate

Mother's Day Luncheon Ideas

An inexpensive and personalized gift might be to buy a number of small unfinished picture frames at a crafts store and embellish them with home-found "treasures" cast-off jewelry, lacquered ribbons, three dimensional objects of your choice; beads, buttons, whatever. Take a picture digitally of each mother as she enters and print it to fit the frame, giving her a moment in time to recall her day of recognition. (02/06/2007)

By

Mother's Day Luncheon Ideas

Go to Goodwill or Salvation Army stores, etc., and buy pretty cups and saucers, fill with a couple of flavored tea bags and small, individual packs of good cookies. Mugs and coffee bags with cookies are nice, too. A poem or note about the birthmother's warm love could be attached to the handle with a ribbon. Our daughter gave a baby boy up for adoption nine years ago. Though it hurt us all at the time, we knew it was the greatest act of love she could give him. The parents keep in touch with us and send pictures every birthday. They are wonderful. (02/10/2007)

By Margie M.