Mother's Day Luncheon Food and Decoration Ideas?

Our DAR group would like to have a Mother's Day luncheon for Gold Star Moms whose son or daughter is in the armed forces serving overseas. Any ideas for decorations and food would be very helpful. I do not know how many would be attending at this time.

By Pat S.

A gold star luncheon would be nice, to let the moms know they have not been forgotten. I would make the main focal decoration a gold star banner, as like the ones that hang in the windows. Perhaps have small American flags in the centerpieces with red white and blue. I don't know that I would go all out on decorations, as if you are doing it for Mothers Day, it will be emotional for some of the members, so I would not make the decorations seem like a celebration. I would keep it simple.

I would use a lot of gold decorations and put some star shaped confetti on each table.

For food, I would have a few main-dish salads to choose from, with rolls and cake and fruit for dessert.

Holidays and Parties Mothers Day PartiesFebruary 25, 2014
📓
🌻
😎
😷
🐛
Generated 2020-08-04 18:21:51 in 762 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Mothers-Day-Luncheon-Food-and-Decoration-Ideas.html