Homemade Face Cleaning Towelettes

Does anyone have a recipe for making the wet facial cleaning towelettes? I just saw a recipe for making baby wipes, so there must be a way to make these!

Thanks,
Glenda from River Falls, WI

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I've made the face wipes with napkins or half a roll of paper towels. I used just a plain face wash liquid or creamy kind that foams up. Just get 2 cups of warm water and add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of face wash and dissolve and then pore over your paper towels or napkins and they work great! Good luck!!

I made face wipes which work well for daily use, camping, or anytime you want to freshen up....simply cut standard paper towel into quarters and saturate with witchhazel.....witchhazel is cheap and available at walmart.....a sturdier paper towel can be used if you desire to aid in exfoliation....store in a bay wipe container or ziplock bag or both.....you could probably use any facial toner you wish.

Be careful, witchhazel contains alcohol and will dry your skin.

Cut a whole roll of bounty paper towels into two halves (we've found that bounty is the only brand that works.Use an electric knife to cut it in half)

Place one of the halved rolls vertically in an empty and thoroughly cleaned 1 gallon ice cream bucket.

In a large measuring pitcher mix:

2 cups water

2 tablespoons baby oil

1 tablespoon rubbing alcohol (some people like to add a tablespoon of baby bubble bath)

Pour the liquid over the halved rolls of paper towels in the ice cream bucket and soak for 30 minutes. Remove the cardboard center. Feed the top corner of the paper towels through an x shaped slit you've cut in the lid of the ice cream bucket so you can pull out and tear off one "wipe" at a time.

I personally have never tried this, I read it in the Duggars 20 and counting book. So I hope it works out for you.

Take a half roll of paper towels, soak in a mixture of 4 cups warm water plus 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (add in a squirt or 2 of your favorite baby wash or face wash but its not necessary). This makes an excellent facial wipe. If you find that this develops mold quickly, add a couple of drops of tea tree oil - this will inhibit the growth of mold (not necessary in dry areas). Good luck!

Some manufacturers add alcohol to witch hazel-that's what makes it drying. Good quality witch hazel has no alcohol. I recommend Homestead brand.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes FaceMay 30, 2006
Girl having her face painted.
Homemade Face Paint Recipes
A girl having her face painted.
Buying Face Paint
Young girl with face paint on.
Removing Face Paint From Clothing
A woman cleaning her face with skin toner.
Homemade Skin Toner
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 6:48:33 PM on 10.0.1.185 in 873 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.