Cleaning Teapot and Cups

I drink a pot of tea daily. My teapot and cup are white and get stained by the tea. I use a small amount of powdered dishwasher soap in the bottom of the teapot and cup, fill with hot water, and let soak for at least an hour and the stains are gone. You might have to wipe the inside of the cup or teapot, but the stain will be gone.

By Cheryl from Everett, WA

You reminded me of something that happened to me years ago. While rooming and boarding with a family they had gone on vacation. I noticed the state of the teapot and went to work on getting the stain out. When they returned the husband was furious with me for cleaning out his teapot. He said tea tastes better if you never clean the pot.

You can also put a denture cleaning tablet in the water and leave it overnight, or a good capful of bleach in the water and leave it overnight. Always rinse and rinse and rinse to get the last of the taste out.

You can also clean tea stained cups by sprinkling a little salt into the cup then rubbing with a damp cloth, it's safe to use and after rinsing doesn't leave a taste in the cup.

tea cup
Cleaning Teapots and Tea Cups
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesJuly 15, 2011
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Teapot Lamp
Making a Teapot Lamp
dirty coffee cup
Cleaning Discolored Coffee Cups
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers