Removing Saliva On the Outside of a Car

My son spit out the window and the saliva hit the outside surface of the door panel. I tried to rub it off with elbow grease. It didn't come off.

How do it get rid of it?

By Pete from Chicago

Best Answer

My husband used WD-40 to remove some blood that wouldn't come off the side of his truck. Maybe that would do the trick.

Have you tried soap and water, or even a little car wax?

Take it to a body shop and please teach your son not to spit outdoors. Men and boys do this disgusting thing but I have never seen a woman do it. Children don't look and they step in it on the sidewalk. Please help stop this horrible practice.

Even just water. I used to tell my residents "Thanks for allowing me to track the contents of your lungs into my home, with my cats and grandkids"!

That usually embarrassed them so bad they stopped, but yes, manners matters. Sometimes that "crud" makes it back to the car behind you. Not a great habit to have.

Consumer Advice Cars Cleaning OutsideMarch 21, 2011
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver, For Sale sign in Window of Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver
Man Cleaning Car Interior
Cleaning Your Car's Interior