Removing Saliva from a Car's Exterior

This is a page about removing saliva from a car's exterior. Saliva can leave noticeable spots on your car's exterior, requiring cleaning.

My son spit out the window and the saliva hit the outside surface of the door panel. I tried to rub it off with elbow grease. It didn't come off.

How do it get rid of it?

By pete from Chicago

Answers

Best Answer

My husband used WD-40 to remove some blood that wouldn't come off the side of his truck. Maybe that would do the trick.

Have you tried soap and water, or even a little car wax?

Take it to a body shop and please teach your son not to spit outdoors. Men and boys do this disgusting thing but I have never seen a woman do it. Children don't look and they step in it on the sidewalk. Please help stop this horrible practice.

Even just water. I used to tell my residents "Thanks for allowing me to track the contents of your lungs into my home, with my cats and grandkids"!

That usually embarrassed them so bad they stopped, but yes, manners matters. Sometimes that "crud" makes it back to the car behind you. Not a great habit to have.

Consumer Advice Cars Cleaning OutsideOctober 31, 2016
🎃