One Red Wall

I'm painting one of my walls in my bedroom this shiny red color and I'm not sure what colors I should paint the other three walls. Does anyone have any ideas on what colors I should paint the other walls?

Treasure from Sacramento, California

Treasure, I have never painted a wall red, but I have heard that you should use a grey primer underneath to get the best coverage. Maybe someone with a little more experience could post and let you know for sure?

As to your color choices for the other walls, do you have some "inspiration piece" that you could take colors from? A bedspread, or some artwork, or some pillows? Do you have a style that you like? Modern, Retro, Asian, Country? What color furniture do you have in the room? If you have black furniture an Asian theme would look great!

Maybe try the website for some ideas, or go to, they have a color sample palette where you can pick colors, then pick a sample room and apply your color choices to the walls to get an idea about how it would look.

I am interested in hearing what others have to suggest. I am going to do some painting myself, but using red for the trim color and denim blue for the walls.

Good luck in your redecorating!

I painted my kitchen Red with a black and white floor and for the cabinets they where white and on the doors of the cabinet I added the lime green color on it and it looks great. Really makes my kitchen pop out! Good luck!

without seeing the shade of red i would suggest

robin egg blue or pale yellow with dark red

black &/or gray with clear red

any shade of pink with clear red

creamy white with any red

yellow with orangie red

You may want to get some paint samples (chips) from the same family of red that you chose for the wall you have done and choose another red in a more subdued shade and do all the other walls. You probably should keep all in the same shiny base. Then use your bedspread, pics., floral arrangements, ect. to bring in colors that will complement the red. You can find a color wheel in a art craft section (Walmart has them) and it will be very helpful. Find the red and look directly across and it will show you the complimentary color for it which is shades of greens. You can go across or side to side of the red and find what would like nice. Good luck and have fun----you can always paint over if you don't like it---right?

I have alot of red in my livingroom, my furniture,rugs,pictures etc, I painted my walls a golden yellow with behr paint and i love it. The color is called Arizona

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceJanuary 8, 2007
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
white molding red wall
Molding Advice for a Red Wall
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet