Molding Advice for a Red Wall

Category Walls
Painting a wall red is very striking and the room may need new molding. This is a guide about molding advice for a red wall.

I'm painting one wall in my dining room Cranberry Cocktail by Benjamin Moore and am installing crown molding as well. My question is do you put white crown molding on a red wall? Please help.

Kukiny from NYC

Answers

By Peggy (Guest Post)
Best Answer

We painted our dining room a brick red color and added the white molding and I love the look!

I painted one wall red. Despite using the blue tape so it would not get on the other walls, it did. Is it acceptable to put molding around the red wall?

Tiffany from TX

Answers

By Janet (Guest Post)

It definitely is ok, if you are considering white. The sharp contrast looks clean. I painted a deep brick red in my kitchen and am planning on doing the same thing. :)

By blind_quilter (Guest Post)

It's your wall! Do whatever makes you happy. Choose whatever molding you like. Paint it whatever color you want. If it works for you it's acceptable!

By Tiffany (Guest Post)

Thanks so much for your response!! I was planning on painting the molding white, but my husband kept saying we should go with the red or beige color. Thanks for confirming that "I was right!" The wall does look great,and I believe that the white molding will look good too - I just needed someone else's opinion.

By debbie in SC (Guest Post)

a high gloss white or ecru would look stunning. very modern and crisp.