The Wonders of Paperclips

Ah, the wonders of the humble paperclip with its many uses beyond just clipping together paper. It can be bent to hang a calendar over a cabinet door or form a picture hanger. You can use the straightened end to take out the burnt ends of matches from your still-liquid candles. You can use is as a way to temporarily clip extra keys to your key chain and for Xmas ornament hangers. I even read where one local electronics repairman fuses paperclip wire into plastic parts to fix machines where the parts are not available!

By Pam from L.A., CA

What about jewelery. You can get the colored ones and string them together. You can also use any color and wrap each around in strips of fabric or paper or old wall paper to make it colorful. You can even put beads on them, then connect them. this is a great projects even for little ones to do.

Everyone loves them, from Bert to MacGyver!

Speaking of candles, you can use paper clips in making "recycled" candles. Take leftover wax from candles that have been burned down. Finely grate with a kitchen grater. Use the paperclip to anchor wick (available at any craft store) to the bottom of a small glass jar or old candle holder. Sprinkle in the grated wax (you can use different colors in layers) and you have a whole new candle! Depending on the wax, the burn time will be about half of the original.

Use one or two as a necklace extender if your necklace is too short or too tight.

I also use the bigs one to keep bags of fresh salad and frozen veggies closed as well.

I use the large ones to keep bagd of fresh salad and frozen veggies closed as well.

I use them to poke through a flower stem before I turn it upside down to dry

I use them to take the cover off my daughter's bean bag chair, which has a zipper with no pull on it. (so kids can't get inside). They'd work on any zipper who's pull tab is broken off.

it holds the temples of your glasses if the screw comes out as well

I use them as bookmarks in magazines (not books), as "chip clips", and for hanging wind chimes from the overhang around our Patio Enclosure.

Better Living Green Living ReusingMarch 21, 2006
Malaysia Travel Photos
Malaysia Frugal Travel Information and Photos
Beautiful woman with frizzy hair looking at her comb, with a pained expression
Remedies for Frizzy Hair
🎉
🎄