Paperclip Bookmark Craft Ideas
Paperclips make great bookmarks but why settle for a plain one? You can add small decorations to regular paperclips to make them fabulous. A great craft project for kids, teens and tweens.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
If you are an avid reader, then you know just about anything can be used to hold your place in books. I'm not one to fold the page corners down, but I have used scrap paper, coupons, bobby pins, and, yes, actual bookmarks. But why not be crafty and make your own unique placeholder? These paperclip bookmarks are easy, quick, and fun to make. They'd also be wonderful little gifts for any reader in your life!
Total Time: 5 minutes
Source: I have seen similar ones on different sites and blogs. All are unique to the 'artist'!
- 4 regular sized paperclips
- 1 hot glue gun
- 1 hot glue stick
- 2 flat beads of any kind
- 2 pom poms
- 2 medium wiggle eyes
- 2 any other small flat/semi-flat object you can think of
- card stock (optional)
- Add hot glue. You can place the hot glue on in two different ways. The first way is to squeeze it directly onto the back of the bead, pom pom, wiggle eye, or other item you choose. The second way is to squeeze the glue along the top of the paperclip. Make sure you put the glue on the top of the paperclip because the bottom needs to be able to open and slide in between the pages.
- As soon as you add the glue, place the object that you chose on top of the glue. Allow a moment to dry.
- Now add glue to the back side of the paperclip, behind the first item that you chose. Attach a second bead, pom pom, wiggle eye, etc., on top of the glue and allow to dry.
- If you do not want your bookmark to be so thick at the top, you can cut a circle out of cardstock and glue it to the backside of the paperclip, instead of using a second object. Allow glue to dry.
- Now place your bookmark inside of you current book to hold your place!
Make your own bookmarks as inexpensive gifts using things found around the house. Cut one piece of paper into a 2 inch square. Stamp design onto this paper or stick sticker onto this paper.
In under 30 minutes, you can create these clip-on place keepers that won't fall out of your book!
Paperclip bookmarks are quite functional, and additionally, they are easy enough for children to make. This is a page about simple paperclip bookmarks.
These tiny paper photo frames on a paper clip make simple, but unique bookmarks. This is a page about making paper clip photo frame bookmarks.