Making a Crochet Heart Bookmark

Category Ideas
This is a great project for a beginning crocheter and the final product makes a great gift. This is a guide about making a crochet heart bookmark.

Who couldn't use another bookmark? I created this pattern because I needed more bookmarks. I think crocheted hearts are darling, I love being able to put tiny scraps to good use. I also love super quick projects, and I think these would make nice gifts. That said, here's the pattern so you can make your own. Have fun!

Total Time: About 5 minutes

Source: I was trying to copy a bookmark I saw online a long time ago. I like how this one turned out even better. Less ends to weave in.:)

• "h" crochet hook
  • tiny amounts of worsted #4 yarn
  • scissors
  • embroidery needle for weaving in your end

1. Ch 5, join with a slip stitch to create a ring.
  2. Ch 3, work 4 sc into your ring.
  3. Please remember to continue to tightly pull your stitches to the right on your ring. Don't worry, you won't hurt them! They need to be pulled over after every few stitches to make room for everyone else.
  4. Ad

5. Now work 5 treble crochet.
  6. You will now slip stitch. This is creating your first "heart bump".
  7. Ch 4, work 4 treble.
  8. Work 4 sc.
  9. Work 1dc.
  10. You will now be joining with a slip stitch in the space between your original ch 3 and your first sc. See?
  11. Now you have a heart!
  12. You may decide to simply end here and use this as an appliqué.
  13. Ad

14. If you want to continue on with your bookmark, you will now ch 45. My book is about 9" tall. You can easily adjust this for taller or shorter books. Simply chain less or more!
  15. When you have finished chaining your desired length, fasten off. Make a simple overhand knot to reinforce your end.
  16. Leave about a 2-2 1/2" tail.
  17. Ad

18. Unravel your 4 strands to create a cute frilly tail.
  19. See how nice it looks when in your book?
  20. And the tail?
  21. Enjoy!:)

Videos

This bookmark is adorable and makes the perfect gift. Learn how to make your own in this video.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes