Looking for a Non-Electrical Washing Machine

Looking to buy a non electrical washing machine. I had one and it got lost somehow. You add hot water and crank to wash. It has a faucet in the bottom to drain and has a crank to wring. I have seen one made by Mennonites called a "James Washer" for slightly over $700 minus tax ans S/H. Thanks for any ideas.

Annette from Lewiston, Maine

These are 2 sites I found that deal with non-electric washing machines. One of them costs around $47.00. I would also look for non-electric wringer washers, but the cost may be prohibitive.

I LOVE Lehman's! That was who I thought of first when I read your post. It depends on how large of a hand washer you're looking for. Lehman's sells a table top washer for $48 but there is not a wringer for it that I can tell. Here's the link to that washer in case you're interested. http://www.lehmans.com/jump.jsp?ite ... 127%2C284&KickerID=77&KICKER

Check the Lehmans catalogue or website.

What you describe I think is called the Wonder Wash or Wonder Washer. I just bought one myself, from "Laundry Solutions" It's a plastic barrel like tank that you spin with a crank. It has a gasket seal that when its spun creates a vacuum that sucks soapy water through the clothes. Two minutes only of spinning gets them clean. It has been working great for me.

Ozark's Homestead Washer. Hand powered washing machine Hand powered agitator action for fast and gentle cleaning of clothes and other dedicates. Also great for those items you don't want to put in a regular washer such as shop rags, fishing towels, beach and river towels, etc. Keeps all that sand and grease, ticks and chiggers out of your regular washer!

Handmade in the Ozarks to last while eliminating the problems of other metal type hand washers sold; leaking, rust out, longevity and cost! Made of almost indestructible heavy duty fiberglass with stainless hardware, all moving parts bolt holes are steel reinforced and nylon bushed for long wear. Ultra smooth tub with no soldered or welded seams to leak like the metal tubs do.

Wringer basin that is self draining to save water and soap. Comes with agitator handle, top cover with handle, pvc drain that has a shutoff and hose bib to connect a garden hose so your wash area stays dry. Easy to clean top and tub that can be waxed with regular auto wax or any gel coat wax to keep as new.

Options; Standard table top model, shorter legs to use on a picnic table or bench. ($350 shipped)Long legs for ground use at a comfortable working height. ($350 + $10 for extra cost to ship)Convertible legs to use either way or to remove for easier storage when needed. ($350 + $25 extra for added shipping cost, plus long legs and all hardware/materials to connect, predrilled for easy assembly) Choice of color....blue or white 1 bolt assembly on the standard models...no need to assemble anything (unlike others sold) except the agitator handle bolt. Convertible legs option requires assembly of legs to washer when using at maximum height instead of on a tabletop.

With our washer and an added wringer ($100 most places) you will still be under the price of the "other guys" base model with NO wringer that must also be assembled AND they charge shipping on top of that too ! Great for off gridders, RV living, homesteading, campers....anyone that needs a simple way to wash clothes without being tied to power or a laundrymat. Standard tabletop model. $350 shipped lower 48Long legged ground model. $360 shipped lower 48Convertible leg model. $375 shipped lower 48

Consumer Advice Product FinderNovember 12, 2008
A load of red dyed clothing in a front loader washing machine.
Dyeing Clothing in the Washing Machine
Closeup of African American Man with Dreadlocks
Washing Dreadlocks
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Washing Machine
Extending the Life of Your Washing Machine