Refurbishing Gourds

Let your fall gourds dry after October and Thanksgiving use. Clean and paint back to what they looked like when they were first used. You will have gourds for years to come to use with out rebuying.

Connie - Ballwin, Missouri

Very cool! Neat idea.

I don't understand what 'paint back to what they looked like when they were first used'??? do you mean you just 'repaint' them the same color that you did originally - freshen them up so to speak? I would like to save some of the beautiful gourds I have from year to year but they rot quickly after a few weeks - can you explain further what you mean?

Yeah, mine rot too. I planted mini pumpkins and got 3 small orange ones, and that's it. Better than nothing. They are sitting on my end tables in the living room and one on the kitchen table fitting in with the rest of my Autumn decor. I'd love to be able to save them and not have them rot! Please help!

Ornamental Gourds
Preserving Ornamental Gourds
Photos HolidayOctober 19, 2005
Snowman Gourds
Making Snowman Gourds
Growing Gourds
Growing Gourds
Painted gourds.
Painting Gourds
Painting Gourds
Crafts Made With Gourds
🎉
🎄