Crafts Made With Gourds

One of the many gourds I have done. This features a large kettle gourd, cut open. The opening has been coiled with long SC pine needles. The process is actually a weaving technique, and adds a nice touch to many gourds.

The gourd has been hand painted with a snowy owl on the front. This is one of my signature pieces. All are numbered and dated.

By Michele from Cheraw, SC

5 More Solutions

Introducing "Sprouts", I just love these little people (gourds.) They are the perfect baby shower gift. I do personalize them with the date, weight, and name of the new born baby.

Gourds with baby dolls inside simulating a baby popping out of the gourd.

Things you will need are a small, medium, or large gourd, depending on how big you want her to be. Make sure you wash the gourd with warm soapy water and rinse clean.

Gourd Witch

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I am looking for images to paint on gourds for the flower bed. Does anyone have some ideas? Some of the shapes I have are bottle gourds, warty gourds, and swans. Thank you.

By pg

Answers

Have you considered hollowing at least 1 out of the bottleneck ones and putting flowers in them and hanging on a railing, fence or low tree branch? You have to put water in it just like a regular vase. These are very nice and I saw it in one of the magazines online. Just thought I'd throw that one out there. If you don't want to paint them all, you could also put little leaf, acorn, pumpkin and flower stickers on them. They have all kinds plastic, paper and felt ones at most craft stores and Dollar Tree too. Check out BHG.com for painting and craft ideas. Anyway, have fun crafting and Happy Autumn! : D

Answer this Question

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

Santa Gourd. He is just the cutest gourd I have ever painted for the holidays.

Santa Gourd

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

This is a half gourd, and painted in a primitive scene I call "Penny Rug Welcome". This particular design has been painted on many sizes of gourds, as it is one of a very popular request of folks. The piece measures approximately 9 inches across.

Penny Rug Welcome Gourd

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes
Crafts NatureOctober 14, 2012
🎃
🌻
🎂
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Crafts-Made-With-Gourds.html